|Location:||150 Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach, FL|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
This is highly responsible administrative and interdepartmental coordination in a behavioral health environment assisting the Vice President of Development and administrative department heads in administrative functions. Work involves performing organizational work of varied complexity requiring understanding of various policies or processes, and operating with a high degree of independence over specified, standardized activity areas, and refers only highly unusual or technical problems to supervisors for decision. Work involves taking meeting minutes, gathering information and preparing reports, managing data and updating information on spreadsheets, completing correspondence, and typing and transcribing letters, reports, and a variety of documents and forms.
Possession of a bachelor's degree and preferred two years of related clerical/secretarial/office management experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read instructional manuals to maximize software capability.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations and computations accurately.
- Ability to proofread, research files and logicallly organize information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospective clients over the telephone.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to work independently
- Considerable knowledge of standard offices practices and procedures, equipment and clerical techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, syntax, appropriate style and arithmetic. Knowledge of personal computer applications including word processing and other applications.
- Some knowledge in how to work within Excel Spreadsheets.
- Ability to organize and maintain complex filing and records systems and ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including microcomputers and other electronic equipment.
- Ability to transfer or transport supplies, office equipment, and other heavy objects from one location to another.
- Processes and types a variety of correspondence, requests, reports; reviews and researches subject matter and prepares replies;
- Consults reference sources and conducts some research;
- Assists finance department with projects, quarterly reports, and special projects;
- Manages grant meetings with interdepartmental leadership;
- Processes a variety of department reporting, purchasing, and legal documents;
- Attends and takes meeting minutes for a variety of different program areas; composes, types, and distributes minutes to appropriate individuals;
- Prepares and maintains meeting agendas for the various meetings attended
- Tracks and routes a variety of correspondence.
- Types letters, reports, documents and a variety of other material from rough draft notes, using electronic equipment, including formatting, data collection and tabulation;
- Updates staff or program data.
- Monitors deadlines, schedules, timelines, and records.
- Assists in receiving and screening telephone calls and visitors for supervisor;
- Assists in resolving problems;
- Answers questions and corresponds to other agencies for supervisor;
- Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, handles or refers complaints/problems as appropriate, and performs other clerical work;
- Receives and distributes mail;
- Schedules meetings.
- Orders supplies and equipment;
- Completes facilities work orders as needed;
- Maintains various reference files, assembles and organizes data, and prepares necessary reports. Posts and updates information to the agency's intranet or fileserv.
- Sets up and maintains complex department filing and records system;
- Maintains correspondence, facility, personnel, and other files in accordance with program policies, procedures, and requirements;
- Backs up First Coast Scheduler and mail room duties when the postiion is on vacation or out sick.
- Maintains report logs, and, requests for information, or other required forms for specialized operations.
- Verifies documents, general reports and records for accuracy and conformance to departmental rules and procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of operations and records as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications