Community Liaison; Part Time
|Title:||Community Liaison; Part Time|
|Location:||330 Kay Larkin Dr., Palatka, FL 32177|
Working Hours: 32 hrs/week; Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
This position is responsible for providing outreach services to the community at large through a formal outreach program. Work involves providing linking and promoting open communication between SMA Healthcare with the court systems as well as child welfare agency. Communication and continuity with other disciplines and departments is critical.
High school diploma or GED and minimum of 1 year of experience in the human service field.
- Knowledge of the principles of leadership.
- Good knowledge of mental illness, emotional disturbances, addiction and/or co-occurring disorders.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle to transport clients & perform essential functions of the position.
- Ability to express oneself clearly & concisely both orally & in writing.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with client, co-workers, professionals & the general public & other service agencies in a tactful & courteous manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with mentally, emotionally and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR/First Aide and complete training in Mandt Training, Bloodborne Pathogens & HIV/AIDS within the first month of employment.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
(May perform one or more of the following functions; may not perform all duties listed or include all duties performed).
- Link and coordinate client referrals between community providers.
- Develops and maintain interagency relationships
- Acquire and organize information about all types of community resources. Use acquired information for referral purposes.
- Attend court and provide referral information as necessary
- Communicate with other agency to address the needs of the community.
- Schedule appointments at SMA clinics
- Takes appropriate action to ensure provision of quality services.
- Advocates to obtain services for clients. Receives complaints and advocates for improved services for clients.
- Documents all contacts and services provided through notes/logs; attendance rosters; daily log sheets and other tracking forms and provides updates.
- Plans, conducts and/or attends meetings/hearings as required; staffing meetings; committee meetings; peer review. Advises, recommends and staffs at various program related meetings; may take minutes.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with the public, other service agencies; may serve as a liaison or resource person.
- Instructs, orients and maintains an awareness of proper safety procedures and guidelines.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Provides or arranges transportation for clients as needed.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs related work as required.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled