Peer Recovery Specialist - MAT
|Title:||Peer Recovery Specialist - MAT|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Employee performs basic non-clinical, direct service work providing mentoring and support to clients in recovery and helps educate and link them with ongoing Medication Assisted Treatment programs if eligible. Employee functions as part of the SMA Medication Assisted Treatment Program. Employee works primarily at hospital emergency department and coordinates ongoing services with SMA MAT Team. Clients to be seen in hospital emergency departments, agency office, and possibly other community locations.
High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors degree in Human Services preferred; must have experience with personal substance abuse disorder with at least two years of current sustained recovery OR certification as a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist by the Florida Certification Board; must be able to pass a DCF background screening with or without DCF exemptions.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience with adults and families with substance use disorders.
- Basic skill with common software applications used in business operations.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely; ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone; ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, co-workers, partner agencies, the court system, and the general public; ability to follow written and oral instructions; ability to enter and retrieve data from a computer system.
- Ability to accurately document all services in the client record according to established timelines.
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess situations and use sound judgment in responding to emergency intervention.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Receive referrals through the emergency department at local hospital(s).
- Provides education and support to referrals to determine interest in medication assisted treatment.
- Collaborates with hospital and SMA multidisciplinary team to determine eligibility for medication assisted treatment program.
- Coordinates linkage to SMA Medication Assisted Treatment program for eligibility clients.
- Meets with individuals/families in the emergency room or agency office, as indicated by supervisor.
- Provides information and referral services.
- Completes documentation according to the requirements of accrediting agencies and other certifying bodies.
- Attends trainings and meetings off-site as required by position using own vehicle.
- Performs related work as required.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled