Systems Administrator - Enterprise Applications
|Title:||Systems Administrator - Enterprise Applications|
|Location:||150 Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach, FL|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
The system administrator is responsible for effective analysis, sizing, provisioning, programming, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of enterprise systems software and related infrastructure. The system administrator ensures that application and related procedures adhere to organizational, security, and confidentiality standards and policies. The system administrator will ensure effective and efficient use of systems hardware and software for all staff and volunteers.
Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in computer science or information systems, a minimum of 2 years of experience in information technology, and 2 or more certifications in an Information Systems Related discipline, or any combination of the above which provides sufficient knowledge and experience to function effectively.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems, server services, and Microsoft client operating systems and client services.
- Ability to adapt to changes in computing environment and to organize and communicate changes to users. Ability to establish and maintain effective management information and related systems.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software and hardware issues and products as needed.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports, letters, and memos.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while maintaining ability to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to work until job completion, including working after 5 PM, weekends, and on-call if necessary.
- Experience writing advanced SQL statements a plus
- Experience writing PowerShell, C#, .Net a plus
- Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft IIS a plus
- Works with the Information Systems team to manage computing systems to ensure the integrity and availability of the computing systems in use.
- Work with business users to develop a comprehensive plan to understand business pain points.
- Translate user requirements into application design in a mixed technical skilled team.
- Performs daily system monitoring of computing systems, including reviewing system and application logs.
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures.
- Installs new and rebuilds existing software systems in accordance with standards and best practices.
- Writes and modifies programs and scripts to assist in performing application management and administration.
- Uses monitoring and tools to diagnose and analyze system performance, integrity, and availability.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and configuration options.
- Analyzes and makes selections on new technology to meet organizational needs.
- Works with vendors to assure appropriate system selection and configurations.
- Regularly assesses need for system reconfiguration and executes them as required.
- Consults with end users and end user computers to ensure availability and integrity of access to corporate information systems and corrects software problems and deficiencies to ensure availability and integrity.
- Identifies, analyzes, and troubleshoots any issues related to proper configuration of application from clients, servers, and workstations.
- Works independently but ensures that all major changes are reviewed and approved by appropriate management before resources are committed.
- Is responsible for documenting the application and any update processes, including changes and monitoring activities.
- Performs routine review of logs and proactively identifies resource contention and optimal configuration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manage change process, support and requests queues.
- Maintains a record of operations in Helpdesk ticketing system, ensuring ticket status is correct and updated in a timely manner.
- Documents, records and advises CIO of information system changes and issues.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications