|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri
The MAT Navigator will assist individuals who are actively using substances in establishing and maintaining behaviors which are conducive to the optimum health and wellbeing of themselves and their families. Special priority will be given to pregnant women who are injecting opioids, pregnant women, care takers involved with child welfare, caretakers of children ages 0-5, and individuals re-entering the community from incarceration. MAT Navigators will address problems in the areas of living, learning, working and socialization in the substance abusing population. MAT Navigators will assess, link, monitor, advocate and case plan for their clients. MAT Navigators will assist these clients to improve their overall functioning with identification of strengths, weaknesses, abilities and preferences in order to attain future goals. The goal of the MAT Navigator is to decrease the risk of continuing substance abuse and addiction to result in better health outcomes for the target population. These services shall be provided in either a community or home setting.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college with a major in counseling, social work, psychology, criminal justice, or a related human services field (a related human services field is one in which major course work includes the study of human behavior and development). Suitable work experience can substitute if Bachelor’s Degree is in an unrelated field. Two years of experience working with adults with substance abuse issues preferred. Prior Case Management Experience preferred.
- Skill in time and organizational management; ability to complete work under strict time lines, while maintaining flexibility to assist with client issues/concerns;
- Ability to quickly assess situations and use sound judgment in defusing potentially risky situations; ability to identify services needed by clients during the rehabilitation process;
- Ability to follow both oral and written instructions and complete tasks as instructed;
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports;
- Ability to communicate clearly and with authority to clients and develop a supportive and trusting relationship with client;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, medical and clinical professionals, the educational systems, court systems, and the general public.
- Good knowledge of community resources;
- Knowledge of mental illness/substance abuse, especially as it relates to the service management population; some knowledge of CARF standards.
- MAT Navigators perform initial assessments on each new client and complete an initial service plan with the client to address the client’s problems and goals.
- Completes periodic service plan reviews at least once every 90 days per 65D-30 requirements or as significant changes occur. Assessments are completed annually.
- MAT Navigators participate as a team member in regular case staffings to review cases and contribute information for the development of Case Plans.
- MAT Navigators develop strong supportive working relationships with the target population by showing respect, identifying their strengths and providing positive reinforcement for appropriate choices, beginning with initial contact.
- MAT Navigators promote self-sufficiency and healthy outcomes through encouragement and motivation, reinforcement of health care regimen, anticipatory guidance and supporting home safety, through home visiting and appropriate referral to community services.
- MAT Navigators deliver or assure the provision of MAT services including education regarding the risks and benefits of medication assisted treatment, ongoing monitoring, smoking cessation, psychosocial education, nutritional education, aftercare, and recovery support.
- Executes linkages identified on the service plan and monitors progress of service delivery.
- The MAT Case Manager monitors the client’s progress face to face on a monthly basis, preferably in the client’s natural environment. The MAT Navigator writes service activity notes to document progress and/or lack of progress on their goals and objectives.
- Ensures the medical record is up to date, accurate, and meets all documentation requirements in accordance with CARF, Medicaid, DCF, LSF and SMA standards.
- Maintains a complete roster of community services, and develops professional relationships within the mental health system, substance abuse treatment system, and with community resources.
- Advocates for clients. Receives complaints from the client, client’s family, and community about quality of services and advocates for improved services in the interest of the client. Informs client’s family members and friends about educational programs in the community, provides information concerning inpatient care and the availability of resources specific to the age and population served.
- Provides limited crisis intervention under appropriate supervision.
- Participates in staff development and is responsible for knowledge concerning current information in the area of mental illness and substance abuse and treatment and related behavioral problems specific to the age and population served.
- Coordinates transportation for clients and may at times transport clients in a SMA vehicle in order to execute linkages identified on the service plan.
- Maintains an awareness of proper safety procedures and guidelines and applies these in performing daily activities and tasks.
- Maintains established caseload and productivity requirements of the position.
- Performs related work as required or assigned.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications