Entitlement/ Housing Specialist
|Title:||Entitlement/ Housing Specialist|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||207 San Juan Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
with additional compensation being offered for certifications/license
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
This is a responsible direct service position serving as a member of the multidisciplinary Pathways Team. The incumbent has responsibility to carry out rehabilitation and support functions and assist in treatment; provide substance abuse services, education, support, and consultation; and provide crisis intervention under the clinical supervision of staff with professional degrees. Work is performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and state and federal regulations. Work is reviewed through periodic meetings, reports written, client records, performance indicator results, direct observation, and conformance with agency/program policies, procedures and practices, state and federal regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in a human services field with at least one year experience with population served (3 years with Bachelor’s degree in non-human service field). Must be SOAR-certified or successfully complete SOAR certification training within 60 days of position start date.
- Familiarity with federal and state public benefits programs and/or SOAR.
- Knowledge of community resources available in Volusia County.
- Superior interpersonal, oral communication, writing, and computer skills.
- Requires organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, & meet deadlines.
- Ability to build rapport with a diverse population, developing trust and conducting interviews in non-traditional settings and unstructured environments.
- Ability to cultivate partnerships & positive relationships with community stakeholders.
- Assists individuals applying for disability benefits using the SOAR components.
- Initiates paperwork with consumers by filing initial documentation of representation with SSA office and completes data entry for tracking purposes using the OATS system.
- Completes interviews to gather information to complete SSI/SSDI applications.
- Gathers medical records and other information to complete SSI/SSDI applications.
- Writes SOAR Medical Summaries and obtains necessary signatures from MDs.
- Accompanies consumers to community appointments and maintain communications with multiple agencies on behalf of their client.
- Coordinates visits to medical doctors, psychiatrists, and other specialists to obtain evidence for case.
- Advocates on behalf of clients for all healthcare coverage and/or entitlements for which they may be eligible.
- Works with community partners to develop and secure additional permanent housing.
- Works to resolve housing related issues with clients, landlords, and other parties.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications