Pathways Team Counselor/Case Manager - Full Time
|Title:||Pathways Team Counselor/Case Manager - Full Time|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||207 San Juan Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
with additional compensation offered for certification/license
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
This is a responsible direct service position serving as a member of the multidisciplinary Pathways team. The incumbent has responsibility to carry out rehabilitation and support functions and assist in treatment. Work also involves providing substance abuse services, education, support, and consultation to families; and providing crisis intervention under the clinical supervision of licensed or master’s level staff. Work is performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and state and federal regulations. Work is reviewed through periodic meetings, reports written, client records, performance indicator results, direct observation, and conformance with agency/program policies, procedures and practices, state and federal regulations
Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral sciences field and a minimum of 1 year work experience with adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses or with individuals with similar human-services needs.
- Must have a strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with a severe and persistent mental illness to live in normal community residences; work in market jobs; and have access to helpful adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services.
- Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses and respect for client rights and personal preferences in treatment are essential
- Good knowledge of mental health.
- Good knowledge of the characteristics and problems of adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications and their side affects.
- Ability to quickly assess situations and use sound judgment in defusing potentially risk situations. Ability to identify services needed by clients during the rehabilitation process.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, medical and clinical professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written client documentation/reports.
- Ability to handle verbally and /or physically abusive and aggressive persons and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the person, other persons, and employees on the team.
- Ability to incorporate cultural and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with other employees, program staff, persons receiving services, outside organizations, and others.
- Be a member of the individual treatment team for an assigned number of clients.
- Participates in comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history (e.g., onset, course and effect of illness, past treatment and responses, and risk behaviors0, mental status, and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living (e.g., self-care, living situation, nutrition, money management; and family structure and relationships.
- Provide direct services to clients in the form of assessment/diagnoses, treatment planning, individual and/or group counseling, progress noting, and case management activities on behalf of clients.
- Consults with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process
- Link, monitor, and advocate for clients enrolled in Pathways program.
- Documents clients’ progress to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
- Participates in daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
- Participates in providing treatment and substance use services.
- Provide transportation to required appointments to assist clients in obtaining benefits, attending clinical appointments, and learn how to function independently.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications