Client Account Specialist
|Title:||Client Account Specialist|
|Location:||150 Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach, FL|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri. 8am-5pm
Client Accounts Specialist is primarily responsible for the receipts and disbursements associated with the client accounts held on a custodial basis by SMA for those deemed unable to handle their own finances.
Associates Degree and two years professional accounting experience or six years or more working in a professional accounting environment.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledger.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Excel spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, case managers and clients.
- Understand completely the role and responsibilities of SMA as Representative Payee for clients the Agency represents and remain up-to-date on changes to Social Security Administration laws
- Act as liaison to the Social Security Administration on behalf of the Agency and clients
- Generate checks for clients authorized for payment by their case workers
- Review transactions prior to payment for compliance with corporate accounting policy or related Social Security laws, rules and regulations
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry, enter invoices for payment. Process backup reports subsequent to check run.
- Maintain cash sheet summarizing all cash receipts and disbursements on behalf of clients
- Maintain recordkeeping system for all transactions initiated on behalf of clients
- Act as back-up for the Agency’s accounts payable function as needed
- Assist with the Agency’s annual external financial audit and Social Security audits
- Perform related work as required or assigned
- Make commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abide by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect
- Work cooperatively in a group/team setting
- Show respect to others
- Take guidance and direction from supervisors
- Arrive/Report to work on time and ready to work
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications