FACT Team Clinician
|Title:||FACT Team Clinician|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||200 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL 32084|
$16.72/hr - $21.94/hr DOE
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Master’s degree in nursing, social work, rehabilitation counseling, psychology or a behavioral sciences field and one (1) year experience with adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses or with individuals with similar human-services needs. Licensure preferred.
- Must have a strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with a severe and persistent mental illness to live in normal community residences; work in market jobs; and have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services.
- Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses, and respect for client rights and personal preferences in treatment are essential.
- Basic understanding of mental health, psychiatry, counseling, and psychology.
- Basic understanding of brief short-term therapies and Motivational Interviewing techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of methods, theories, techniques and principles of providing direct clinical treatment, consultation, and direction with adults.
- Considerable knowledge of the characteristics and problems of adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Ability to establish and maintain extraordinary working relationships with other employees, medical and clinical professionals, and the general public, and to work as an integral member of a team
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Ability to handle verbally and /or physically abusive and aggressive persons and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the person, other persons, and employees on the team.
- Ability to incorporate cultural and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with other employees, program staff, persons receiving services, outside organizations, and others.
- Provides primary case management for an assigned group of clients. Services include conducting assessments, developing treatment plans, locating and coordinating services, implementing interventions, educating clients and the members of their networks, providing direct services in order to maximize community independence, building relationships, modeling behaviors, consulting as needed, advocating for rights and preferences, transporting clients, going into clients’ homes, building employability and vocational abilities, documenting as required, modeling and teaching ADL skills, promoting wellness behaviors, overseeing housing needs, developing social skills, counseling and advising, building budgeting skills, and supporting clients so that their ability to function independently in the community is maximized.
- Collaborates with and assists FACT Team members in a supportive case management role including sharing case management duties, providing on-call and holiday coverage, actively participating in daily staff meetings, leading groups, participating in trainings, and sharing resources and information.
- Commits to SMA’s mission “to deliver exceptional and comprehensive behavioral healthcare” and core values of service, integrity and excellence
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications