Facilities Worker; Full Time
|Title:||Facilities Worker; Full Time|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 7a-3p
A currently competent facilities worker who is knowledgeable of general maintenance and grounds keeping and landscaping in a commercial environment. Have the ability to work in close conjunction with the Facilities Director and other facilities staff in performing grounds-keeping and general maintenance for the agency. Provide own hand-tools as required. Ability to assist in the moving of inventoried items when necessary.
High School graduate or equivalent and two years experience in building maintenance and repairs and grounds keeping or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities. May have attended one or more trade or specialized schools and attained certification. Current valid driver’s license in the state of Florida.
- Ability to work without direct supervision in performing grounds keeping, maintenance and general repairs to the facility.
- Ability to perform physical labor including but not limited to lifting, carrying, climbing, walking, reaching, and bending.
- Ability to work outdoors exposed to extreme weather conditions including sun, wind, rain.
- Ability to use care and proper protective equipment when exposed to bio hazardous materials.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, contractors, outside agencies, and the general public.
- Knowledge of grounds keeping and general maintenance.
(May perform some of the following duties)
- Washes windows and walls.
- Picks up paper and debris from all SMA sites as requested.
- Waters, mows, trims and edges lawns, prunes trees, shrubs and hedges.
- Rakes leaves, lays sod, , plants flowers and trees as needed. General
- Maintenance of all grounds.
- Cleans light fixtures and replaced light bulbs.
- Cleans roof gutters.
- Sets up rooms for meetings.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects as job duties include moving
- Furniture from site to site and into inventory as needed.
- Operates and maintains manual and power cleaning, grounds
- Maintenance, painting and minor maintenance tools, machinery and Equipment.
- Repair and assemble furniture.
- Removes paint, rust and dirt to prepare surfaces for painting and removes/covers graffiti as needed.
- Ability to make minor non technical repairs such as replacing installing a whiteboard, bulletin board or unclogging a toilet.
- Performs emergency clean ups as necessary such as spills, clogged drains.
- Empties, cleans and sanitizes waste receptacles.
- Sweeps and cleans sidewalks and entrances.
- Performs related work as required.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.