FITT Case Manager
|Title:||FITT Case Manager|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
The person in this position is a member of a treatment team that provides outpatient case management services to families to address the basic support needs of the family and coordinate the therapeutic aspects of services provided to all family members. Duties include assessing, monitoring, linking and advocating for families referred by the child welfare system regardless of payment source. Position requires a large amount of writing to document service provided. Must be knowledgeable of community resources. Must be able to work with individuals who have substance abuse issues. Must be reliable and a team player. Travel will be required. Services can be provided where the patient lives, works or attends school, or in other community settings. Must have knowledge of and apply recovery-based principles and practices in service delivery that includes addressing and documenting the client’s strengths, needs, abilities, barriers and preferences. Position has productivity requirements. This position is non-exempt in regards to hours worked. Only the employee’s supervisor can approve the use of overtime. Employee is expected to work no more than forty hours per week.
A Bachelor’s degree with a major in counseling, social work, psychology criminal justice, nursing, rehabilitation, special education, health education, or a related field which includes the study of human behavior and development; and a minimum of one year of experience working with adults with behavioral health needs and child welfare involvement; or a Bachelor’s degree with a major in another field and a minimum of three years of experience working with adults with substance use disorders
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competence in the areas of human development, assessment, linking, monitoring, advocating, and planning for Families and their members suffering from substance abuse and related issues.
- Must be familiar with and demonstrate competence in various treatment modalities and therapy models useful in the clinical and behavioral management of Families.
- Current valid driver’s license in the state of Florida.
- The CM will conduct a standardized screening to assist the Counselor in identifying the nature and extent of substance abuse, and to determine the most appropriate substance abuse treatment referral source for assessment and placement.
- The CM develops an Intervention Plan with each client and updates the Intervention Plan at every major decision point or minimally every 30 days.
- The CM provides individual or group Motivational Enhancement Therapy to all assigned clients.
- The CM provides Case Management services assisting in securing transportation and child care arrangements in order for the client to attend scheduled treatment appointments.
- The CM will provide ongoing progress on coordination of services and supports with child protective investigators and child welfare case managers.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Complete required annual training as well as any training required for case management, certifications or re-certifications.
- Maintains client confidentiality as required by State and Federal Statutes.
- Turn in time sheets and mileage sheets are completed accurately and submitted timely.
- Meets productivity requirements of 28 hours week.
- Report to work in timely manner and participate in clinical staffings, supervisor staffings and respond to supervisor’s request in a timely manner.
- Display professional behavior with clients, their families, agency staff and other community providers.
- Review and display knowledge of the Agency policies and procedures.
- Link clients to appropriate community agencies for needed services.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs other duties as assigned, similar, related, or are a logical assignment to the job.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications