Behavioral Health Tech; Full Time
|Title:||Behavioral Health Tech; Full Time|
|Department:||Adult Residential Treatment|
|Location:||1251 N. Stone St., DeLand, FL 32720|
Working Hours: 40 hours/week; Days and Shift Vary
*** This position is eligible for a shift differential up to 10% ***
We are looking for a currently competent Behavioral Health Tech who, in consultation with nursing staff is directly responsible for, and performs a variety of client health care support and unit operational support duties. The Behavioral Health Tech also provides a safe and therapeutic environment; interacting in a warm compassionate manner; de-escalating, and restraining clients when necessary; promoting client achievement of treatment plan goals and objectives.
Possession of a high school diploma or GED and 6 months of related human services experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Some knowledge of the human services field and the application of basic client care skills.
- Ability to utilize behavior management techniques and serve as a role model.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing with the public, clinical professionals, and outside agencies.
- Ability to prepare and maintain written documentation.
- Ability to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the client, other clients, and employees in the unit.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to defuse potentially dangerous situations, and remain calm in an emergency.
- Responsible for monitoring the behavior and activities of each client; reports any concerns regarding the health, safety, or well-being of a client to the appropriate authority.
- Serves as a positive role model; utilizes approved behavior modification techniques ; provides positive reinforcement and support to clients.
- Conducts and participates in basic life skills activities.
- Processes admissions and discharges for voluntary and/or involuntary clients; orients the client to the facility; explains rules, policies and procedures.
- Completes required program documentation.
- Completes reports as required; daily, weekly, monthly etc.
- Documents service activity notes daily on clients’ activities, behavior patterns, changes in behavior patterns, medications.
- Reviews and documents in shift report logs, shift logs, companion files etc.
- Obtains required program information; inventories client valuables.
- Assists nurse by taking vitals; conducts security/safety checks; monitors visitors/clients for contraband;
- Conducts searches; removes dangerous items; performs and/or assists with restraints.
- Collects urine specimens; delivers to laboratory if required; utilizes infection control procedures.
- Participates in meetings as required; converses with staff on client’s progress or lack of progress.
- Performs general office duties; answers telephones; communicates with the public, police, DCF, DJJ, hospitals etc; files, types, copies; receives food shipments; inventory of supplies.
- Performs general cleaning responsibilities. Attends training /in-services as required.
- Controls verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and performs aggression control techniques; assists with restraints when necessary.
- Transports clients to other agencies, hospitals, homes, community activities, AA meetings etc.
- Ensures compliance with AHCA and/or DJJ and/or DOC standards and security safeguards.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
SMA Healthcare is a drug and tobacco free workplace.
EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled