Customer Service Representative; Full Time
|Title:||Customer Service Representative; Full Time|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Salary Range: $11.29/hr
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 8am - 5pm
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 8am - 5pm
This is a highly responsible customer service position in a mental health and substance abuse environment assisting adults and/or children accessing services. Work involves performing customer service and data entry work of varied complexity requiring understanding of various procedures or processes, and operating with a high degree of independence. A currently competent customer service representative who delivers professional administrative support services for SMA Behavioral Healthcare Services, Inc. The work is performed under the general supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor assigned to; with the incumbent planning and carrying out assigned duties and resolving problems according to established guidelines and procedures. Employee must be able to maintain composure and respond appropriately to crisis calls, substance abuse calls, suicide threats and disturbed clients. Work is reviewed through feedback from agency employees, clients and the observation of records for the quality of services provided.
Possession of a high school diploma or GED and two years of related clerical/customer service/secretarial experience preferably in a clinic/medical office setting; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Considerable knowledge of standard office practices and procedures, equipment and clerical techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, syntax, appropriate style and arithmetic. Knowledge of appropriate communication and boundaries with children and/or adults who have serious mental, substance abuse and psychological illnesses.
- Knowledge of first and third party registration, certification, verification, and co-pay procedures. Knowledge of State and Federal guidelines related to patient account processing.
- Ability to organize and maintain complex filing and records systems and ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to operate a multiple line phone system and a variety of office equipment, including microcomputers and other electronic equipment.
- Ability to transfer or transport supplies, office equipment and other heavy objects from one location to another.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read instructional manuals to maximize software capability.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations and computations accurately.
- Ability to proofread, research files and logically organize information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, substance abusing and/or psychologically disturbed adults and/or children in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
- Schedules appointments; collects method or source of payment for services and obtains associated documentation, including insurance cards; assist clients in completion of intake paperwork. Verifies client’s medical benefits with third party payers/insurance companies.
- With Pharmacist approval, handles prescription transaction with client in accordance with approved procedures; checks billing documentation for completeness, accuracy and conformity with clerical requirements; logs referrals and gives information to callers, handles or refers complaints/problems as appropriate.
- Processes and types a variety of correspondence, requests and reports using a computer, reviews and researches subject matter and prepares replies; processes a variety of department reporting, purchasing, and legal documents; updates client or program data.
- Answers, routs, and transfers incoming calls; assists and provides general information to callers; maintains confidentiality of client information; handles threats, substance abuse, suicide and crisis calls; takes messages; reports telephone equipment repair needs.
- Performs client financial assessments and establishes client fiscal information into computer system. Performs fee collection duties on an on-going basis.
- Facilitates the preparation and completion, collection and flow of required forms/documents such as legal documents or purchase orders/requisitions. Sets up and maintains complex department filing and records system, including client medical record documentation in accordance with program policies, procedures and requirements; assists with quality assurance requirements for client files. Maintains strict confidentiality of operations and records as directed.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- May be required to travel to other clinics to provide coverage as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.