FACT Administrative Assistant
|Title:||FACT Administrative Assistant|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||200 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL 32084|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
This support member to the FACT multidisciplinary team and Med outpatient clinic is responsible for organizing, coordinating and monitoring all non clinical operations of FACT and clinic duties under the direction of the Clinic Site Supervisor; providing receptionist activities including triaging calls, coordinating communication between the team and clients, deescalating situations with clients who have increases of symptomatology, and assisting clients, their families and agencies to get answers to questions; maintaining accounting and budget records for client and program expenditures; managing and assisting site supervisor's schedule; and operating and coordinating the management information system. Work is performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and state and federal regulations. Work is reviewed through direct observation of results obtained, discussions, and a review of reports and medical records.
Possession of a high school diploma and two years of related clerical/secretarial experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- The person must have people and problem-solving skills to assist and support clients with severe and persistent mental illnesses and their families.
- In addition, the position requires solid organizational skill and ability to make contacts and establish relationships to get information necessary for the program to function within the larger system. Knowledge of computers and software; simplified bidding, contracting, billing, and accounting procedures; medical records management; and personnel policies and procedures is required.
- Must have a strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with a severe and persistent mental illness to live in normal community residences; work in market jobs; and have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services.
- Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses and respect for client rights and personal preferences in treatment are essential.
- Assist Site Supervisor by providing support with daily activities, scheduling, running reports, returning phone calls, setting up appointments and meetings, and other administrative tasks.
- Prepares the monthly staff work schedule and recommends and revises policies and procedures pertaining to these schedules in accordance with SMA policies and procedures.
- Maintains records of time staff worked and leave time.
- Maintains and reviews with the Site Supervisor the unit budget for operation of the facility and assure that all purchases of supplies and equipment remain with that budget.
- Orders and maintains unit supplies, equipment, and furniture; arranges for repair of office furniture and equipment as well as building work orders through St Johns County, serves as vehicle monitor for program vehicles; records mileage logged on program vehicles; and arranges for maintenance of program vehicles.
- Assists nurses in ordering medication for clients from pharmacies according to State purchasing regulations and Act polices and procedures.
- Records admissions and discharges to provide a source of information for statistical reports.
- Maintains client charts according to the standards of the CARF and other certifying bodies, including the following: set up charts for newly admitted clients per avatar; file materials in client charts and files to assure current, accurate information is available; and monitor clinical charts in coordination with the Site Supervisor, to assure that they are being maintained in accordance with SMA policies and procedures.
- Consults with SMA's Health Information Management staff for the proper maintenance of FACT clinical charts and conducts inservice training for FACT staff regarding clinical charting requirements. Prepares letters to request medical records and client authorizations and maintains log of requests and records received.
- Updates and maintains a policies and procedures manual to assure that current and accurate information is available to staff.
- Types letters, memos, and reports using word-processing equipment.
- Maintains forms to obtain and maintain insurance information regarding all clients.
- Collects necessary data, enters data into IS and electronic data and medical record system and prepares reports.
- Sorts, routes, and prioritizes incoming mail with distribution to appropriate staff.
- Greets people at clinic and answer telephone calls including performing the following:
- (1) triage and coordinate communication between the team and clients; and site supervisor and partnering community agencies.
- (2) get answers to questions for clients, families, community resources, and agencies;
- (3) work with callers to relieve urgent situations or to temporarily manage them until other staff are available;
- (4) attend to symptomatic behavior (shouting and pacing) of clients who come into the clinic office for appointments with staff or of those who come in without a clear purpose (person without something to do or who come in because of distress); and
- (5) decide when and how quickly to refer calls to other staff.
- Assesses and reports clinical behaviors and information (such as poor self-care, medical problems, and increase overt symptoms such as agitation) that are out of the ordinary for that particular clients.
- Communicates regularly with financial guardians and protective payees of clients to coordinate individual patient budgets between SMA's Financial Services and guardians or payees. Communicates with landlords regarding client rental agreements and payment of rent.
- Operates and coordinates the computer and management information systems for the program.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications