Licensed Practical Nurse; Full Time
|Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse; Full Time|
|Department:||Adult Residential Treatment|
|Location:||1251 N. Stone St., DeLand, FL 32720|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week, Days & Shift vary
Employee performs basic nursing functions. Work is performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and state and federal regulations. Work is reviewed through personal consultation, results obtained, discussions, and a review of reports and client service records.
Completion of a program in practical nursing and licensure as a practical nurse; experience working with chemically dependent adults preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in current principles and practice related to health care of chemically dependent adults.
- Must have knowledge of the basic principles, methods, practices, and procedures of providing nursing care including administering medications.
- Must have knowledge of general therapeutic drugs and narcotics.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, practices, and procedures for administering first aid and CPR.
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess situations and use sound judgment in applying medical or emergency intervention techniques.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, other employees, professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the client, other clients, and employees in the clinic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with geriatric, emotionally disturbed, and mentally ill or disabled clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- The LPN delivers health care as applicable to clients and is responsible and specialized work providing leadership and direction to direct care providers serving clients who may have serious mental, emotional, psychological illnesses, be dually diagnosed, be addicted to narcotics and/or have developmental disabilities.
- Recognizes and reports infection control issues.
- Conducts client searches, inventories, triage, admission, referral and discharge procedures and in obtains appropriate consents and documents inventory of client belongings.
- Collects UA samples using Universal Precautions and in accord with SMA policy and procedure. Initiates intervention appropriate to client age and need.
- Ensures client safety and well-being.
- Obtains, records and reports client Alco-Sensor, vital signs and withdrawal status assessment per physician order.
- Assists in ensuring that clients participate in scheduled activities and reports compliance or non-compliance to charge nurse.
- Keeps assigned area clean, free of clutter, and organized.
- Immediately reports client escalating behaviors to charge nurse.
- Initiates crisis intervention as required to maintain safe environment.
- Continually assesses monitors and reports client health care.
- Records client health care with appropriate information in a timely manner and in accordance with SMA policy and procedure.
- Reads and responds to unit memo book in a timely manner.
- Listens and participates in report, implements client care per direction and assignment of the charge nurse.
- Responsible for attending monthly staff meetings.
- Maintains records and statistics for quality assurance and other purposes.
- Performs related work as required.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications