Quality Improvement Specialist
|Title:||Quality Improvement Specialist|
|Location:||150 Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach, FL|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
A currently competent Quality Improvement Specialist, who in consultation with the supervisor, performs a variety of administrative support duties. This is a skilled Performance Improvement position; acquiring, entering, processing and tracking a variety of PI data. Assists with our internal auditing functions; assists other PI Department staff in the completion of their tasks. Work involves accurately entering information into our computerized system; tracking data to ensure follow-up reporting is done by the programs; and assisting with PI records management.
Possession of a high school diploma and two years of related administrative support experience. Bachelor degree preferred with human services experience. Must have experience with computer applications.
Excellent written and oral communication abilities are required as well as highly developed computer skills with office automation products such as spreadsheets, word processors and presentation software. Ability to work with complex, detailed, confidential and sensitive information.
- Secures, enters, processes and verifies a variety of quality assurance data into SMA Healthcare’s computer system, which may include service information, surveys, demographics and other performance improvement information.
- Maintains files of PI data documents.
- Runs routine reports to monitor data entry of performance improvement information submitted. Reviews data for accuracy prior to input; returns data to the appropriate department for correction, monitors return of corrected information.
- Assists in the coordination of the utilization and performance improvement activities.
- Provides the reception services for the performance improvement department.
- Provides the coordination activities of the performance improvement shared file
- Runs monthly reports and tracks missing performance improvement information; follows-up to ensure completion.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of any recurring problems with data entry or programs not submitting data, suggests ways to increase accuracy of data and submission. Understands the PI processes and the importance of correct data entry and process.
- Attends and participates in meetings as requested by supervisor.
- Provides assistance to other Departmental staff as needed.
- Complete monthly Deaf and Hard of Hearing reports and maintains all related documentation
- Monitors, tracks, collects and processes all required safety reports and drills and prepares summary reports for the monthly Safety Meeting.
- Completes all monthly surveys and prepares data required as part of the monthly performance measurement data
- Interacts professionally with all levels of agency personnel and the community.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications