Compensation & Benefits Manager
|Title:||Compensation & Benefits Manager|
|Location:||150 Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach, FL|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri 8am-5pm with flexibility
This position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and is responsible for the development and ongoing management of the organization's compensation and benefits programs in compliance with state and federal laws. This position will supervise the Human Resources Representative in daily plan administration activities.
Graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance or a related field and a minimum of two years of experience in a Human Resources setting that includes one year of experience with benefits administration. Working knowledge of Sage HRMS highly desired. Master’s Degree preferred; CEBS Certification preferred; HR certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect employee benefits.
- Some knowledge of state and federal rules and regulations relevant to proper personnel management.
- Knowledge of benefit contract language.
- Some knowledge of payroll process as relevant to benefit deductions and invoice reconciliations.
- Strong analytic and planning skills.
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to compile information and to prepare reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, administrators, and the general public.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Demonstrates innovations, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective written, public speaking and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to raise issues proactively and in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Administer benefit plans for all employees.
- Ensure compliance with ERISA Laws and the Affordable Care Act (ACA) measurements and reporting.
- Propose benefit plan improvements.
- Assist payroll on benefit related matters and transactions.
- Create rules in HR/Payroll system for benefit and retirement plans. Creates deduction codes and ensures that deductions comply with IRS Section 125 regulations.
- Act as liaison between Human Resources and MIS working with them to resolve HRIS issues and upgrades.
- Provide supervision to HR Representative.
- Assist with Benefit and Retirement Plan audits.
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the retirement plan annual compliance reporting to include, but not limited to , reporting hours, processing enrollments and terminations, compliance testing and loan monitoring.
- Develop and implement communication plan to ensure employee understanding of benefit and compensation programs
- Resolve employee complaints and carrier issues related to health and welfare plans.
- Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters effective relationships with client representatives.
- Develop and administer the organization's compensation program ensuring compliance with DOL regulations.
- Participate in the development of salary structures, job evaluation and salary plan administration policies and procedures.
- Administer the salary administration guidelines and ensure compliance with policy.
- Assure compliance with COBRA guidelines by timely submission of required information to the COBRA administrator.
- Standing member of the WOW Committee.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled