Data Entry /Insurance Specialist
|Title:||Data Entry /Insurance Specialist|
|Location:||200 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL 32084|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
This is a highly skilled data entry, clerical and insurance specialist position entering and processing a variety of data into SMA Healthcare's computer system. Work involves entering numerical, alphabetical and financial data, verifying the accuracy of information entered into the computer system, completing routine work reports and correspondence, solving various data entry problems and ensuring that the data is processed in a timely and accurate manner; knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party commercial insurance. This position is responsible for verification of insurance and entering financial eligibility for the Palatka and St. Augustine outpatient sites.
Possession of a high school diploma or GED and three years of office experience in data entry, keyboard, insurance or any equivalent combination of education , training and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping/insurance desired
- Ability to key alphanumeric data with speed and accuracy
- Ability to make mathematical calculations with accuracy
- Ability to maintain accounting records and receipts
- Ability to verify and reconcile routine records and accounts
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client financial matters
- Ability to recognize and correct errors
- Ability to use various computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships with peers and customers.
- Enters, processes and verifies a variety of numerical, alphabetical and financial data into SMA Healthcare's computer system, including client financial eligibility and demographics and other financial information.
- Performs weekly follow up on all insurance verifications, as well as requests for chart reviews regarding Medicaid/Medicare compliance issues.
- Prior to input, reviews data sent to identify errors/issues; advises immediate supervisor when issues arise in the area of incorrect information in computer system.
- Explains to various staff personnel how insurance affects therapy or medication scheduling and the need for insurance authorizations to be completed.
- Works closely with Access Center, CSR's and other SMA departments to ensure that initial authorizations are obtained from insurance companies prior to client 's initial outpatient appointment when applicable.
- Maintains files containing critical documents.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of any recurring problems with insurance issues, suggests ways to increase accuracy of paper flow and data obtained and entered. Understands the client financial eligibility entry process and the importance of accurate data entry into the computer system.
- Works in conjunction with the Palatka outpatient/detox and residential CSR's in the areas of covering the lunch hours and providing coverage in the absence of the CSR staff. Responsible for assisting the St. Augustine CSR staff when the need arises to provide coverage as necessary.
- Assists Patient Accounts/CSR Manager.
- Assists clients with co pay, co-insurance and deductible information.
- Assists staff by answering questions pertaining to third party payer and authorizations.
- Makes commitment to SMA's mission and core values the SMA Way.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others .
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisor.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled