Contract Supervisor / FDOT
|Title:||Contract Supervisor / FDOT|
|Location:||Flagler County Weigh Station|
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Days and Time vary
This position is located in Flagler County
Work involves responsibility for a yearly budget and supervision of numerous client employees/non client employees. Employee is responsible for scheduling, hiring, training and overall supervision of contract employees; inventory control; planning; assigning tasks and instructing staff. Employee is expected to perform direct labor duties as needed. Assignments are typically received in the form of general instructions with the expectation to organize the details of the assignment and carry them through to completion.
High school diploma or GED and two (2) years experience in human services, janitorial and /or landscaping business including supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of training and/or experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Good knowledge of the basic principles, methods, practices and procedures used in vocational labor and trades specific to janitorial and /or landscaping contracts.
- Knowledge of the chemicals and hazards associated with cleaning supplies and/or lawn equipment.
- Ability to plan, instruct, assign and supervise employees with or without disabling conditions or functional limitations.
- Ability to inspect work and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to utilize positive reinforcement techniques to encourage employees to obtain their maximum potential.
- Ability to intervene and utilize de-escalation skill techniques to ensure the safety and well being of all employee
- Service Contract Supervisor is responsible for scheduling, training and inspecting work completed by employees. Service Contract Supervisor is involved in hiring and terminating employees.
- Adherence to Contract Services standards, Scope of Services/ Statements of Work are a priority. Trains employees to use equipment properly and safely.
- Completes times sheets for payroll data entry; reviews payroll records for accuracy.
- Orders supplies, reconciles deliveries to orders, and maintains equipment and equipment maintenance records.
- Performs maintenance and repair on plumbing, electrical, building and lawn equipment as required in the scope of work.
- Operates powered equipment including but not limited to mowers, power edgers, power trimmers, power saws, power blowers, power hedge trimmers and pressure washers in a safe and effective manner producing the results as described in the scope of work.
- Operates a company vehicle, occasionally pulling a lawn trailer with lawn equipment.
- Operates power equipment from lift equipment, ladders and/or scaffolding to perform maintenance and repair as required by the scope of work.
- Provides direct and indirect training and support for client/non client employees on an individual basis; provide positive reinforcement; serves as a role model; addresses behavior/performance problems.
- Maintains client/non client employee files; documents client/non client employee progress according to contract regulations.
- Completes all required reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis to meet regulations.
- Communicates effectively, orally and in writing with employees, the public, NISH/RESPECT, other agencies, etc.; ensures compliance with the rules and regulations of the contract.
- Operates standard office equipment to perform essential functions.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled