Care Coordination Supervisor
|Title:||Care Coordination Supervisor|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri-8am-5pm
This is highly responsible managerial work providing supervision and direction to a team of care coordinators in all four counties working with adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders. Work requires supervising and evaluating the team members in Volusia, Flagler, St. Johns and Putnam counties. Provides support and participates as a management team member with the Senior Director of Case Management. Ensures service excellence and courteous, helpful, and respectful services to individuals served. Work involves overseeing care coordinators who implement client care plans, educational, medical, and social services to high risk adults, ensuring work environment safety and compliance with program policies and procedures, local, state, and federal statutes, regulations and licensure.
Possession of a master’s degree from an accredited university or college with a major in counseling, social work, psychology, criminal justice, nursing, rehabilitation, special education, health education, or a related human services field and one year of full time or equivalent professional experience servicing the target population. Or a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college and two years of full time or equivalent professional experience servicing the target population.
- Extensive knowledge of care coordination, mental health, psychiatry, counseling, and psychology. Extensive knowledge of methods, theories, techniques, and principles of care coordination. Extensive knowledge of the characteristics and problems of adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Considerable knowledge of principles of supervision. Ability to supervise and guide the work of others in making complex decisions.
- Knowledge of the principles of learning and training.
- Ability to train, advise and assist staff in care coordination decisions specific to the age and disability of the persons served.
- Ability to quickly assess situations and use sound judgment in defusing potentially risky situations.
- Ability to identify services required by persons specific to their age and disability.
- Ability to review client case files and service plans and make proper recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, medical and clinical professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Ability to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive persons and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the person, other persons, and employees on the team.
- Ability to incorporate cultural and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and service delivery
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with other employees, program staff, persons receiving services, outside organizations, and others.
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the care coordinators stationed in Volusia County at Halifax Hospital and the Chet Bell Crisis Center (CBCC), Vince Carter Sanctuary in Flagler county, and the SMA sites in St. Johns and Putnam counties, including scheduling staff work hours to assure appropriate coverage; leads ongoing peer review and staff development meetings; continuously evaluates the status of clients and appropriately plans and steers care coordination activities to ensure immediate attention to their changing needs.
- Participates in staff recruitment, interviewing, hiring, work assignments, orientation and performance supervision according to work rules, procedures; regulations, and policies; develops and implements staff orientation and training as needed.
- Contributes to the development and administration of the program budget including line items to purchase necessary furniture, equipment, communications devices (e.g., telephones/cellular phones), and supplies and to cover travel and transportation, and other program expenditures.
- Regularly reviews documentation such as care monitoring forms, care plans, and progress notes written by the staff; and supervises individual staff for medical records mastery and compliance.
- Implements program policies and procedures and recommends revisions as necessary.
- Ensures proper documentation, monitors caseloads and delivery of quality services in accordance with standards. Assists staff and team with problem solving and client staffing. Ensures documentation and billing is properly conducted and completed, and reviews records for accuracy and completeness.
- Trains, guides, and evaluates performance of staff, interviews and recommends new staff, implements progressive staff discipline, conducts annual job evaluations of staff.
- Writes program reports, documents program progress, reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reports and case files. Prepares reports for internal and external reviews and audits, provides information for problem resolution, program progress and staff development. Uses Avatar for obtaining information and reports to help manage the program.
- Conducts facility inspections as needed to ensure compliance with facility safety procedures and guidelines.
- Conducts staff meetings and participates in treatment team meetings.
- Initiates and maintains relationships in coordination with other internal SMA departments, staff, with law enforcement and other human services agencies, and with informal community resources (e.g., landlords, employers).
- Serves as a main point of contact for care coordination referrals and assigns and tracks all referrals with respect to existing caseloads.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs related work as required.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled