|Title:||CINS/FINS Service Manager|
|Location:||3875 Tiger Bay Road, Daytona Beach, FL 32124|
Salary range: $13.39/hr - $15.15/hr
This is responsible and specialized case management work in assessing, planning, linking, monitoring, and advocating for a caseload of persons with serious mental illnesses. The incumbent is responsible for assisting clients with their needs/goals through the development of the service plan or aftercare plan. Work also entails responsibility for working with community resources and advocating for clients by linking them with appropriate services.
Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in a human services or health education field and two (2) years experience with at-risk youth and/or youth with behavior problems, preferably adolescent age range 10-17 or equivalent education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Good knowledge of community resources; good knowledge of CINS/FINS laws,
- knowledge of mental illness/substance abuse among youth, especially as it relates to the service management population;
- some knowledge of CARF standards.
- Skill in time and organizational management;
- ability to complete work under strict time lines, while maintaining flexibility to assist with client issues/concerns;
- ability to quickly assess situations and use sound judgment in defusing potentially risky situations;
- ability to identify services needed by clients during the rehabilitation process;
- ability to follow both written and oral instructions and complete tasks as instructed;
- ability to express oneself clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
- ability to prepare clear and concise written reports;
- ability to communicate clearly and with authority to clients and develop a supporting and trusting relationship with client; a
- bility to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, medical and clinical professionals, the educational systems, court systems, and the general public.
- Performs an initial biopsychosocial assessment and/or update on each new client with periodic assessments as needed.
- Develops a comprehensive service plan or aftercare plan with each client and updates the service plan at every major decision point, minimally once every six months for case management client and once per year for aftercare clients.
- Ensures the service record is up to date, accurate, and meets all documentation requirements in accordance with CARF, Medicaid, C&F, DJJ and Act standards.
- Maintains a complete roster of community services and develops professional relationships within the mental health system and with resources in the community.
- Executes linkages identified on the service/aftercare plan and monitors progress of service delivery.
- Monitors clients’ progress, using the guidelines consistent with their status, with face-to-face contact taking place primarily in the client’s natural environment or in office for aftercare clients.
- Advocates for clients, as individuals or groups. Receives complaints from the client and community about quality of services and advocates for improved services in the interest of the client.
- Provides limited crisis intervention under appropriate supervision.
- Provides services to clients’ family and significant others such as developing and presenting educational programs for families of clients and the community, providing information concerning inpatient care and the availability of resources specific to the age and population served.
- Participates in staff development and is responsible for knowledge concerning current information in the area of mental illness and treatment and related behavioral problems specific to the age and population served.
- Coordinates transportation for clients and may at times transports clients in an Act vehicle in order to execute linkages identified on the service plan.
- Maintains an awareness of proper safety procedures and guidelines and applies these in performing daily activities and tasks.
- Performs related work as required or assigned.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled