|Title:||Operations Supervisor - BEACH House & RAP|
|Location:||3875 Tiger Bay Road, Daytona Beach, FL 32124|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; shifts differ due to program needs
This is a responsible supervisory position providing and overseeing direct service work dealing with adolescent clients in rehabilitation and may have serious mental, emotional, psychological illnesses, be dually diagnosed, be addicted to narcotics, and/or have developmental disabilities.
Work involves overseeing direct service staff that are responsible for processing intakes and discharges; monitoring and documenting client behaviors and activities; participating and assisting with educational, social, and recreational activities; providing a safe and therapeutic environment; interacting in a warm compassionate manner; de-escalating and restraining clients when necessary; promoting client achievement of treatment plan goals and objectives. Work involves responsibility for providing individual, group, family supportive, or crisis counseling; non-clinical treatment services; screening and monitoring clients; working with families or outside agencies; providing information and referral; assisting clients with their needs/goals through the development of service plans.Employee works under the managerial direction of the Director of Operations. Work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures. Work is reviewed through periodic meetings, reports written, direct observation, and conformance with agency and department policies, procedures, and practices, as well as, state and federal regulations.
Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college with a major in a related human services field and relevant experience. High School Diploma and two (2) years of experience serving target population may substitute for the degree requirement. Supervisory experience preferred.
The following competencies must be attained prior to the conclusion of the Operation Supervisor’s Introductory Period:
The Floor Supervisor must consistently demonstrate a thorough knowledge of:
- Personnel and administrative policies and procedures.
- Therapeutic techniques and psychotropic drugs.
- Principles of supervision.
- Federal and state third party billing procedures and other revenue procedures.
The Floor Supervisor must possess the skill to:
- Write clear and concise reports.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with other employees, program staff, clients, outside organizations, and others.
The Floor Supervisor must possess the ability to:
- Handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the client, other clients, and employees.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with client, co-workers, professionals, and the general public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Supervise and guide the work of others in making client treatment decision.
- Review client case files and treatment plans and make proper recommendations.
- Provide direct client services and intervention.
- Communicate effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, co-workers, professionals, and the general public and other service agencies in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Supervises development and delivery of effective behavior programming to allow for the provision of client treatment services, ensuring daily compliance with program procedures;
- Writes program reports; documents program progress; reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reports and case files; prepares reports for internal and external reviews and audits; provides information regarding problem resolution, program progress, staff development.
- May have to Assesses clients’ condition and needs to determine eligibility according to program requirements.
- For BEACH House, the Operations Supervisor may perform initial functional assessment; psychosocial history, mental status exam, financial information, demographics, etc.; performs periodic assessments/updates as needed; determines appropriate services; completes referral forms.
- For Beach House, the Operations Supervisor Develops a service/treatment plan with client and/or family and establishes attainable goals; develops non-clinical treatment plans to meet individual needs of families, children, and adults; updates service/treatment plans when required; ensures that plans are current and meet all documentation requirements.
- For Beach House, the Operations Supervisor develops and presents educational programs for families of clients and the community; provides information to the community regarding services that are available to a targeted population.
- Completes local state, and federal requirements to ensure facility licensing; conducts facility inspections to ensure compliance with facility safety procedures and guidelines.
- Participates in team meetings; internal and external to the agency, to ensure continuity of care and positive community relations.
- Participates in related program activities with other human services organizations, facilities, committees, and government agencies.
- Supervises the process of admission and discharge of clients; orients the client to the facility; explains rules, policies and procedures.
- Supervises the conduct and participation in basic life skills activities. Provides clients with training or assistance with basic daily living skills such as: bathing, shaving, grooming, etc.
- Provides group and individual life skills training and activities daily; remain in close contact with clients, parents, counselors, teachers and courts; writes and oversees non-clinical services and activities for clients.
- Provides supervision, counseling, custody, and control; assists with employment development and coordination and other related services to inmates according to program and client need.
- Completes all assigned documentation, including, but not limited to, progress notes and logs regarding client activities and behavior patterns, and notes all changes in all areas. Reviews and documents in shift report logs, shift logs, companion files, contact cards etc. Obtains required program information; inventories client valuables.
- Maintains an awareness of proper safety procedures and guidelines. Conduct routine building safety checks, completing work orders and purchase requisitions for submission to the program director, where needed, to ensure client safety as well as compliance with all required standards.
- Attends training /in-services as required by SMA as well as the Florida Network required trainings.
- Develops staff schedules and oversees daily operations of shift via completing shift assignments, implementing daily schedule and accountability of youth specialist on shift in accordance with contractual standards.
- Controls verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients by use of trained and approved aggression control techniques.
- Provides suicide and violence assessments and immediate crisis intervention, either in person or by telephone to diffuse potentially life-threatening situations and provide appropriate treatment/intervention and follow up to individuals who are in crisis.
- Communicates effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed clients to diffuse potentially life-threatening situations.
- May be required to transport clients to other agencies, hospitals, homes, community activities, AA meetings etc.
- Ensures compliance with DCF standards, DJJ standards and security safeguards, including room checks and removal of dangerous items.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs related work as required by Director.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled