Therapist - Adult Outpatient
|Title:||Therapist - Adult Outpatient|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||330 Kay Larkin Dr., Palatka, FL 32177|
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 8a-5p
Possession of a Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or other Behavioral Science field in addition to two years related work experience with adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses or with individuals with similar human-services needs. LCSW, LMFT or LMHC preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of DSM-IV and the ability to formulate a psychiatric diagnosis.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical counseling skills.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical assessment process, treatment planning, individual, group, and family therapy.
- Ability to quickly assess and diagnose persons for treatment; ability to formulate realistic, measurable goals and objectives
- Considerable knowledge of mental health, psychiatry, counseling, and psychology.
- Considerable knowledge of brief short-term therapies.
- Considerable knowledge of methods, theories, techniques and principles of providing direct clinical treatment, consultation, and direction with adults.
- Considerable knowledge of the characteristics and problems of adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses as well as substance abuse issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, medical and clinical professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Ability to handle verbally and /or physically abusive and aggressive persons and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the person, other persons, and employees on the team.
- Ability to incorporate cultural and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with other employees, program staff, persons receiving services, outside organizations, and others.
- Knowledge of managed care and different payer sources.
- Conducts individual, group, and/or family psychotherapy as indicated by diagnosis and individualized treatment plan; ensuring immediate changes are made in the treatment plans as clients’ needs change; educates and supports clients’ families, and advocates for clients’ rights and preferences.
- Conducts comprehensive assessment of psychiatric and substance abuse history (e.g., onset, course and effect of illness, past treatment and responses, and risk behaviors), mental status, and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living (e.g., self-care, living situation, nutrition, money management); and family structure and relationships.
- Provides direct clinical services to clients on an individual, group, and family basis in the office and in community settings to teach behavioral symptom-management techniques to alleviate and manage symptoms not reduced with medication and to promote personal growth and development by assisting clients to adapt to and cope with internal and external stresses.
- Provides symptom education to enable clients to identify their co-occurring illness symptoms.
- Documents client progress to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
- Participates in daily staff organization meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
- Consults with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
- Tracks payer source and utilization of benefits usage.
- Completes all agency-required paperwork within established timeframes.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications