|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
This is a professional medical position in which the ARNP will provide psychiatric services (evaluation, treatment, medication management, etc.) via SMA’s telehealth platform to adults suffering from mental illness, substance abuse or co-occurring disorders in outpatient programs located in the Volusia, Flagler, Putnam and/or St Johns Counties. Work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures but involves initiative and independent judgment in emergency situations. Work is performed and reviewed under the supervision of the Chief Medical.
ARNP with a Florida License and ANCC certification with a specialty in psychiatry) or any ANCC certification with one (1) year experience prescribing to adult psychiatric population and completion of thirty (30) hours of continuing education in psychiatric-mental health nursing within the last three (3) years. Experience in the provision of telepsychiatry preferred.
- Proficient in the use of telehealth technology as well as electronic medical records.
- Considerable knowledge of all psychiatric procedures, medications, side effects, and mental illnesses relating to clients. Knowledge of all clinical tests and necessary lab workups and their applications. Knowledge of all state and federal laws and regulations relating to their profession.
- Knowledge of pharmacology, psychotherapy, physical assessments, neurological psychiatric evaluations.
- Knowledge of growth and development issues for children and/or adults.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate/therapeutic communication, boundaries, and activities with children and/or adults.
- Demonstrates knowledge of treatment interventions/techniques and common clinical conditions for children and/or adults.
- Demonstrates knowledge of common side effects of medications used to treat conditions demonstrated by children and/or adults as well as side effects to be aware of.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic nutritional needs of children and/or adults.
- Skills to monitor client’s condition and assess their behavior specific to the age and disability of the client in a professional and courteous manner.
- Skills in simultaneously interviewing and documenting in electronic medical record.
- Skills to effectively assess and monitor the side effects of medications specific to the age and disability of the client.
- Ability to follow procedure, chart medical documentation in client’s permanent record.
- Ability to maintain composure in an emergency/stressful situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop professional relationships with the client, staff and other allied health professionals.
- Provide telehealth services to SMA clients across all four counties of operation in the forms of psychiatric evaluations, psychiatric consultations, treatment planning, medication adjustments, mental status assessments, supportive therapy and crisis intervention.
- Monitor effects of psychotropic medications on clients.
- Evaluate clients and initiate emergency medical treatment through the Baker Act or refer to SMA’s Emergency Services as needed.
- Document all relevant information regarding the client in the electronic medical record including, but not limited to, evaluations, prescriptions written, mental status assessment, treatment plans, etc., in accordance with the standard procedure for documentation.
- Utilize SMA’s EMR, Avatar, when conducting psychiatric evaluations, PSSRs, psychiatric review of records, electronic prescription (using Infoscriber), and Brief Behavioral Health Status Exams.
- Become part of a treatment team with nurses, other physicians, case managers, receptionists, therapists, etc.
- Educate clients as to the nature of their illness and the importance of proper medication use.
- Report any serious deficiencies or medication errors immediately to the Chief Medical Officer, and document such on the appropriate Occurrence Report form.
- Provides medical consultation to all Physician Services clinics during normal working hours for any clinical problems.
- Attend meetings, committees, and in-service training as instructed by the Medical Director.
- Perform other reasonable duties assigned as agreed upon by the Medical Director.
- Ensure that all licenses, CME, certification to practice as a physician/ARNP in the State of Florida are current.
- Follow all by-laws and regulations of SMA and affiliated hospitals and provide medical services as directed.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled