Help Desk Technician - Part Time
|Title:||Help Desk Technician - Part Time|
|Location:||150 Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach, FL|
Working Hours: 32 hrs week; Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM
This position will eventually be transitioning to full-time in January of 2020. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone call, email, and personal requests for technical support. Tracks and monitors the problem to insure a timely resolution. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Information Services field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision of Director, IS Networks.
Minimum of 2 years of help desk experience and minimum of an AA degree in a computer-related curriculum or equivalent work experience.
- A+ certification helpful.
- Must possess excellent English speaking ability and must be able to speak clearly and concisely on the phone.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to quickly diagnose and troubleshoot computer related issues.
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose and develop solutions to potential and real operational and system deficiencies to ensure continued and non-disrupted service to system users.
- Ability to utilize personal computers, standard office equipment and standard software applications, e.g., word processors, database software, spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, division and department heads, public/private sector contacts, and City administration.
- Investigate and resolve minor computer software and hardware problems of users; receive telephone calls from users having problems using computer software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software. Refer complex problems to appropriate staff member.
- Talk to user to learn procedures followed and source of error by user. Answer questions, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures.
- Ask user to participate in diagnostic procedures using diagnostic software, or by listening to and following instructions.
- Determine probable cause using written procedures and problem resolution software; forward or designate complex problems to appropriate staff member.
- Talk to staff member (including programmers, analysts, and administrators) to discuss software errors as described by the user; call software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs wired and wireless computer network and related systems, internet connections, telecommunications devices and related equipment.
- Ability to respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically.
- Maintain record of calls received and the progress of the resolution process for each call.
- Monitor unresolved problems. Communicate with supervisor and report unresolved problems in accordance with established escalation procedures.
- Contact users to ensure their satisfaction with solutions to problems.
- Produce monthly activity reports for departmental management.
- Assists in the maintenance of agency inventory of IT related assets. Identifies when systems applications, hardware, components or other peripheral devices of the assigned systems are near exhausting expected life-cycles; recommends implementations of new technologies accordingly.
- Provide technical support after normal work hours when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled