|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
Position requires LCSW
This is a highly responsible professional position serving as a clinical member of an outpatient team as well as providing mental health, substance, and co-occurring therapeutic treatment services to SMAl Healthcare clients. The incumbent has responsibility to carry out treatment related functions (assessment, group, individual, consultative and supportive services); education, support, and consultation to families
Required: Possession of a Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology, Social Work, or related counseling field, an LCSW - State of Florida, in addition to two years related work experience with adults with behavioral health disorders.
- Thorough knowledge of DSM-5 and the ability to formulate a psychiatric diagnosis.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical presentation of Opioid Use Disorder
- Thorough knowledge of clinical counseling skills.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical assessment process, treatment planning, individual, group, and family therapy.
- Ability to quickly assess and diagnose persons for treatment; ability to formulate realistic, measurable goals and objectives
- Considerable knowledge of mental health, psychiatry, counseling, and psychology.
- Considerable knowledge of brief short-term therapies.
- Considerable knowledge of methods, theories, techniques and principles of providing direct clinical treatment, consultation, and direction with adults.
- Considerable knowledge of the characteristics and problems of adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses as well as substance abuse issuesAbility to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, medical and clinical professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Ability to handle verbally and /or physically abusive and aggressive persons and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the person, other persons, and employees on the team.
- Ability to incorporate cultural and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with other employees, program staff, persons receiving services, outside organizations, and others.
Serves as a core member of the Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) team, providing counseling services to clients receiving MAT (Vivitrol or buprenorphine).
Conducts individual, group, and/or family psychotherapy as indicated by diagnosis and individualized treatment plan; ensuring immediate changes are made in the treatment plans as clients’ needs change; educates and supports clients’ families, and advocates for clients’ rights and preferences.
Conducts comprehensive assessment of psychiatric and substance abuse history (e.g., onset, course and effect of illness, past treatment and responses, and risk behaviors), mental status, and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living (e.g., self-care, living situation, nutrition, money management); and family structure and relationships.
Provides direct clinical services to clients on an individual, group, and family basis in the office to teach behavioral symptom-management techniques to alleviate and manage symptoms not reduced with medication and to promote personal growth and development by assisting clients to adapt to and cope with internal and external stresses.
Provides symptom education to enable clients to identify their co-occurring illness symptoms.
Documents client progress to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
Participates in staff organization meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
Consults with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
Shows respect to others.
Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled