Manager - Operations of Adolescent Services
|Title:||Manager - Operations of Adolescent Services|
|Location:||3875 Tiger Bay Road, Daytona Beach, FL 32124|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Days & Shift vary
Director, Operation Adolescent Residential works under the managerial direction of Director, Adolescent Residential Services. Employee must have the ability to make difficult program decisions regarding client treatment, interventions, referrals, policies and procedures, keeping supervisor apprised of critical issues. Employee acts as the supervisor of first response during evenings and weekends. Employee is responsible for the daily operation of all aspects of the Beach House and Rap adolescent residential programs. Employee will be familiar with all governing standards pertaining to Adolescent Residential Programs. Employee works in close conjunction with the clinical staff to assess and provide for the clinical and habilitation needs of clients. Work is reviewed through meetings with supervisor to discuss special client interventions, problems, compliance with new and existing rules, regulations, and legislative issues. Employee must have the ability to evaluate and manage complex situations; provide leadership to program staff; and make recommendations to the Director of Adolescent Residential Services.
Possession of an Master's degree in mental health, psychology, criminal justice or related field, and one years experience including progressively responsible supervisory experience or a Bachelor's degree in mental health, psychology, criminal justice or related field and two years’ experience including one year of supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of rules, regulations, safety procedures, state, federal, and local laws and legislative requirements pertaining to the treatment program.
- Thorough knowledge of specific client treatment and intervention procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of personnel and administrative policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of principles of supervision.
- Considerable knowledge of federal and state third party billing procedures and other revenue procedures.
- Ability to supervise and guide the work of others in making complex client treatment decisions.
- Ability to review client case files and treatment plans and make proper recommendations.
- Ability to provide direct client services and intervention.
- Ability to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the client, other clients, and employees in the unit.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with other employees, program staff, clients, outside organizations, and others.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and supervises client services and daily activities of the Beach House and Rap programs; Ensures delivery of quality services to clients of all assigned programs. Reviews daily progress of personnel, clients, and program needs; provides supervision to staff regarding training, development, and clinical issues; designs and develops service programs; monitors and evaluates program development; reviews, revises, writes policies and procedures as needed to ensure compliance and quality of services.
- Interviews, recommends, and trains new staff; disciplines staff; makes recommendations for terminations; conducts job performance evaluations of staff; handles personnel and staffing problems. Monitors and authorizes travel reimbursements, time sheets, reports, and other documents from staff.
- Documents and reviews program progress; reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reports; prepares monthly progress reports; provides information regarding problem resolution, program progress, staff development. Assist the Director, Adolescent Residential Services in monitoring the billing processes for compliance with regulatory policies.
- Must be familiar with and able to utilize DJJ tools and documentation, including RPACT, CCC Reports, etc. ( as applicable) The Director, Operation shall be flexible in schedule, and be available for evening, weekend, holiday and on-call work, where required.
- Produces appropriate reports to DJJ, DCF, judges, probation and parole officials, referral sources and referral resources, EAP’s hospitals and institutions, and others as required. Is cognizant of confidentiality requirements and is careful not to violate client’s rights. Reports are clear and concise; employ good English, good grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proper use of syntax. Reports are timely and accurate.
- Conducts weekly and monthly staff meetings; participates in team meetings; participates in local, state, regional, and national committees and networks, attends and organizes meetings.
- Participates in related program activities with other human services organizations, facilities, committees, and government agencies.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work
- Performs related work as required.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications