Pharmacy Customer Service Representative
|Title:||Pharmacy Customer Service Representative|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hours week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
This is responsible and varied clerical work assisting SMA Healthcare’s Pharmacist in the performance of professional services. Work involves performing clerical and customer service work to include greeting clients, answering the telephone, answering questions for clients, and receiving payments from clients.
Possession of a high school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of standard pharmacy practices, procedures, and equipment, including computer and cash register equipment.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations and computations accurately.
- Ability to maintain moderately complex records and ensure their confidentiality.
- Ability to proofread research files and logically organize information.
- Ability to transfer or transport supplies, office equipment, and other heavy objects from one location to another.
- Ability to handle suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Greets clients and answers questions within context of established policies and procedures; receives payments from clients and "rings" sales on cash register; counts drawer and prepares cash transactions record to go to Accounting as required.
- Answers telephone, checks computer for number of prescription refills left, and answers clerical questions for clients, case managers, therapists, etc.
- Verifies client insurance information via Emdeon or other web based software.
- Verifies client status in electronic medical record (AVATAR).
- Prepares daily medication purchase order to send to wholesaler.
- Checks in/verifies merchandise orders and prepares invoices to go to Accounting.
- Processes and files end-of-the-day computer reports as required by D.P.R. and DOH.
- May travel to satellite facilities to deliver medications.
- Sorts and files correspondence and discards out of date information.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled