CBHT - Drop In Center
|Title:||CBHT - Drop In Center|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||330 Kay Larkin Dr., Palatka, FL 32177|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
High school diploma/GED and two (2) years experience in the human services field. - or - Graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or other relevant human services field. Must have Behavioral Health Tech certification (CBHT) if education level is High School diploma/GED or Bachelor’s Degree is not in Psychology or Social Work; or attain within 6 months of employment. CBHT must be maintained.
- Knowledge of the area of adult behavioral health
- Ability to plan group activities, instruct and assign consumers with disabling conditions various responsibilities and tasks and to monitor and guide them through these tasks
- Ability to utilize positive reinforcement techniques to encourage customers in treatment to obtain their maximum potential
- Ability to utilize de-escalation skill techniques to ensure the safety and well=being of customers in treatment, employees, volunteers/interns and/or visitor
- Ability to operate 15 passenger vans to transport consumers in treatment as needed
- Knowledge of computers and standard office/business software, e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and standard business e-mail and fax systems
- Ability to communicate in writing and in person with customers in treatment, business customers, the community and or funding/accrediting agencies
- Establish rapport with all consumers in treatment and develop a positive relationship with them.
- Provide positive role modeling by modeling good work practices, following rules of the Drop-In Center, and positive social skills and an SMA Way attitude.
- Responsible for orientation of consumers to the Drop In Center Program, completing required documentation to meet funding/accrediting agency criteria.
- Ensures files/charts of consumers in treatment maintain compliance with HIM and funding/accrediting agency criteria via utilizing the Avatar electronic medical record for a paperless system.
- Assists with plans and scheduling of group sessions and psychosocial activities both on and off campus.
- Trains consumers in the use of facility equipment, tools needed to participate in activities. Ensures the safe use of equipment and tools by all involved.
- Provides instruction to consumer in treatment on specific program tasks and projects using different methods to match individual’s abilities/needs with emphasis on importance of quality and adherence to quality management system and ISO procedures
- Ensures that Drop-In Center expectations and guidelines are explained to consumers and monitors that consumers are behaving according to standards and expectations.
- Completes quality assurance checks on any chores or work tasks completed by consumers in treatment to ensure they are meeting standards and make recommendations for improvement and guides consumer in treatment to ensure improvement.
- Assists in providing help with securing community resources, food stamps, Medicaid applications, finding housing, healthcare etc.
- Participates in the development of Treatment Plan, Individual Education/Employment Plan and or support plan of the customer in treatment.
- Facilitates, plans, writes, and follows curriculum for groups on a variety of topics, employment skills, productions kills, education, social skills, recreation, money management, nutrition, preparing food, community training, exercise/fitness, peer support, coping skills, etc.
- Communicates needs of the consumer in treatment to appropriate staff.
- Ensures that all safety, security and exposure/infection control procedures are followed.
- Reports all occurrences, accidents and other problems to supervisor; completes required documentation associated with occurrences, accidents and other problems in a timely manner.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with the public, outside agencies, manufacturers, businesses, governments, etc.
- Uses Microsoft Office (Word, Excel< outlooks, Access), Avatar (electronic medical records) software, and/or various educational software program to complete required duties of position.
- Adheres to Medicaid, AHCA, APD, CARF, and any other agency required licensing entity.
- Completes, reviews, and organizes daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual documentation related to customers in treatment, clinical record requirements and tasks and activities.
- Transports consumers in treatment to and from sites as needed.
- May operate equipment such as vacuum, broom, lawn equipment, computer or 15 passenger vans to perform related work assignments.
- Performs the function of Safety Coordinator of area or facility, e.g. conducts safety drills, perform safety inspection, take charge during actual safety occurrences to ensure that safety procedures/processes are followed and documents all required drills in Avatar.
- Reviews inventory of site supplies, puts in orders for needed supplies and equipment, maintains an adequate inventory of required office and household items.
- May perform the function of a Community Employment Specialist.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisor.
- Arrives/reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications