|Title:||Youth Specialist; Full Time|
|Department:||Residential Adolescent Program|
|Location:||3875 Tiger Bay Road, Daytona Beach, FL 32124|
Working Hours: 40hrs/week; Shifts Vary
*** 3 positions available***
1 Position is 11pm - 7am
2 Positions are 3pm-11pm
*** This position is eligible for a shift differential up to 10% ***
High School Diploma or GED
- Some knowledge of the human services field and the application of basic client care.
- Ability to utilize behavior management techniques and serve as a role model.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing with the public, clinical professionals and outside agencies.
- Ability to prepare and maintain written documentation.
- Ability to handle verbally and/ or physically abusive and clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the clients, other clients and employees in the unit.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to defuse potentially dangerous situations and remain calm in an emergency.
- Responsible for monitoring and documenting the behavior and activities of each client;
- Reports any concerns regarding the health, safety, or well being of a client to the treatment team.
- Serves as a positive role model.
- Responsible for the implementation of the behavior management system of the program utilizing approved behavior modification techniques providing positive reinforcement and support to clients.
- Conducts and participates in basic life skills activities.
- Assist in processing admissions and discharges for voluntary and involuntary clients; orients the clients to the facility; explains rules, policies and procedures.
- Completes required program documentation.
- Completes reports as required, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
- Documents service activity notes daily on clients' activities, behavior patterns, and changes in behavior patterns, medications.
- Reviews and document in shift reports, shift logs, client files, etc.
- Obtains required program information;
- Inventories client valuables.
- Assist nurse by supervising the self-administration of medication;
- Conducts security/safety checks;
- Monitors visitors/clients for contraband; conducts searches; removes dangerous items and or other contraband items;
- Performs and/or assists with restraints.
- Supervises and collects urine specimens, completing all required paperwork ensuring the chain of custody is followed; delivers to the laboratory if required;
- Utilizes infection control procedures.
- Participates in meetings as required; converses with staff on client's progress or lack of progress.
- Performs general office duties, answers telephones,
- Communicates with parents and other authorized individuals as necessary;
- Files, types, copies, receives food shipments; inventory of supplies.
- Performs general cleaning responsibilities.
- Attends training/in-services as required.
- Controls verbally and/or physically abusive clients and performs aggression control techniques; assists with restraints when necessary.
- Transports clients to other agencies, hospitals, homes, community activities, AA meetings, etc.
- Ensures compliance with DCF standards and security safeguards.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs other related work as required.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled