|Title:||Psychiatric Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner - ARNP|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40hrs/week; 8a-5p; Mon-Fri
**This position may require travel**
This is a professional medical position in which the ARNP will provide psychiatric services (evaluation, treatment, etc.) to adults suffering from mental illness, substance abuse or co-occurring disorders in outpatient programs located in the Volusia and Flagler Counties. Work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures but involves initiative and independent judgment in emergency situations. SMA covers medical malpractice insurance.
- ARNP with a Florida License and ANCC with a specialty in psychiatry.
- Must have considerable knowledge of mental illness and co-occurring disorders and of all procedures, medications, side effects and treatment relating to clients.
- Provide direct services to SMA clients in the forms of psychiatric evaluations, psychiatric consultations, treatment planning, medication administration/adjustments, mental status assessments, supportive therapy and crisis intervention.
- Monitor effects of psychotropic medications on clients.
- Evaluate clients who are decompensating and initiate emergency medical treatment through the Baker Act or refer to SMA's Emergency Services.
- Document all relevant information regarding the client in the medical record including, but not limited to, evaluations, prescriptions written, mental status assessment, treatment plans, etc., in accordance with the standard procedure for documentation.
- Educate clients as to the nature of their illness and the importance of proper medication use.
SMA Behavioral Health Services, Inc. is a tobacco and drug-free workplace.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled