|Title:||FACT Team Nurse; Full Time|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||200 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL 32084|
$47,944.00 - $54,246.40 for RN
$18.00/hr - $20.37/hr for LPN
Working hours: 40 hrs/week; Monday-Friday
We are looking for someone who is flexible, works well with others, dedicated, and hard working**
This member of the FACT multidisciplinary team is responsible for conducting psychiatric assessments; assessing physical health needs; making appropriate referrals to community physicians; providing management and administration of medication in conjunction with the psychiatrist; and providing a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to adults who have severe mental illness and/or substance abuse issues. Work involves co-managing nursing staff with the FACT Team Leader, sharing shift-management responsibility with other staff, and coordination with the community. Work is performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and state and federal regulations. Work is reviewed through medical, programmatic, peer review and evaluation, results obtained, discussions, and a review of reports and medical records. Approximately 75% of the duties of this position are conducted in the field. Some training will be provided to the right candidate.
The psychiatric nurse may have a master’s , bachelor’s or associate degree in nursing, must be licensed as registered nurse or licensed practical nurse, and should have at least one year of work experience in an adult inpatient or outpatient psychiatric setting. A supervisory background is preferred.
- Must have a strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with a severe and persistent mental illness to live in normal community residences; work in market jobs; and have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services.Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships with person with severe and persistent mental illnesses and respect for client rights and personal preferences in treatment are essential.
- Considerable knowledge of the basic principles, methods, practices and procedures of providing psychiatric and physical nursing care to adults.Considerable knowledge of principles, methods, practices and procedures for diagnosis and administering medications.Considerable knowledge of principles, methods, practices and procedures for administering first aid and CPR.Considerable knowledge of infection control.Knowledge of principles of supervision.
- Ability to quickly assess situations and use sound judgment in applying medical or emergency intervention techniques. Ability to draw blood and collect specimens correctly and safely, ensuring protection from blood borne and airborne pathogens by adhering to safety and environmental infection control policies and procedures. Ability to communicate effectively with mentally ill and emotionally disturbed persons. Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with persons served; other employees, professionals, and the general public. Must have good case management and time management skills.
- Provides case management for an assigned group of clients, conducts comprehensive assessments, completes nursing assessments, consults with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process, documents services, participates in daily staff meetings, and participates in all services provided by the FACT Team.
- Takes a lead role with the FACT Nursing Staff. Takes a lead role on the Team for medical resourcing and coordination in the community
- Provides on-call crisis intervention on a rotating monthly schedule
- Takes the lead role and participates in medication administration and medical services. Arranges and coordinates lab work. Coordinates scheduling. Administers injections. Manages medications and samples. Provides general nursing services in the clinic and in the field such as wound care and medical evaluations. Obtains Prior Authorizations (PA) through insurance companies in a timely manner to ensure medical continuity of care. Coordinates with agency Pharmacy staff, FACT Team Staff, Laboratory services, and Drug Representatives to ensure timely delivery of medications. Manages biohazard waste control for the department.
- Schedules psych appointments, and make referrals and coordinates with community medical providers. Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
SMA Healthcare is a tobacco and drug-free workplace.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled