|Title:||First Contact Specialist - PT|
|Department:||Pinegrove Crisis Services|
|Location:||1150 Red John Road, Daytona Beach, FL 32124|
Working Hours: 32 hrs/week; Days & Shifts vary
This is a clinical position specializing in direct service work by telephone to individuals requiring behavioral healthcare services including, but not limited to, crisis counseling (both on the telephone and on the internet), Suicide education and intervention, information and referral, and admission and referral to all SMA Behavioral programs and services. Individuals requesting services may have serious mental, emotional, psychological illnesses, be dually diagnosed, be addicted to narcotics, and/or have developmental disabilities.
Graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in social work, psychology, mental health, addictions, or related field.Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Knowledge of mental illness, addictions, co-occuring disorders and treatment techniques.
- Knowledge of Marchman Act, substance abuse principals and practice
- Knowledge of Baker Act, voluntary and involuntary admission process including Ex-Parte.
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of admission criteria and general overview of all programs within SMA Behavioral Healthcare.
- Knowledge of insurance practices and ability to obtain eligibility information and initial authorizations
- Skill in interviewing, assessing, and referring callers with substance abuse or mental health issues to the appropriate service/program.
- Skill in counseling and working with callers in psychiatric crisis
- Skill in active intervention techniques with the suicidal caller
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to type and enter and analyze data on the SMA Behavioral computer system
- Must have the ability to schedule clients for outpatient appointments
- Must have ability to communicate with both internal and external customers and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Must have the ability to develop community relationships with community partners.
- Must have the ability to operate standard office equipment and type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Assess clients condition and needs to determine eligibility for SMA Behavioral programs and services and link to those services as appropriate.
- Provide information and education on the Baker Act and Marchman Act.
- Maintain waiting list for clients in need of Detox services.
- Provide crisis intervention and/or suicide education to callers who are suicidal, in crisis, or at risk for attempting suicide.
- Provide information and referral services for community resources in Volusia and Flagler counties.
- Collect demographic and insurance data, register new clients for service, verify insurance eligibility, enter data on corporate computer system, and document all information and referral calls for utilization and analysis.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
action employer, and a tobacco and drug-free workplace.