|Title:||Care Coordination Specialist|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||1150 Red John Road, Daytona Beach, FL 32124|
BA ~ $12.13/hr - 13.72/hr
MA ~ $14.42/hr - $16.31/hr DOE
Additional compensation for certification and/or license
Working Hours: 40 hrs week, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm, some weekends possible
*** Position will be located at Halifax Hospital***
Assists clients who access SMA's Central Receiving System of Care by providing referrals and direct linkages for continued care after acute stabilization, and then monitoring those referrals and linkages to ensure client follow through. The Care Coordination Specialist also interacts with community partners and other behavioral healthcare organizations to help support clients.
The Care Coordination Specialist is responsible for creating and monitoring care linkages and referrals, and for following-up with clients (if care coordination services are accepted) for up to 90 days to ensure successful long term recovery. If the client is in need of crisis stabilization services/hospitalization, care coordination services resume following discharge for up to an additional 90 days.
The goal of ongoing care coordination is to help to ensure that clients receive timely and appropriate services and to monitor the success of referrals/linkages. The Care Coordinator will also assess on an ongoing basis the client's level of suicidal risk, stressors, needs, and adequacy of safety measures/supports. The provision of care coordination services will allow for adjustment of referrals or modification of services as necessary, and strengthens continuity of care for both the client and their support system.
Bachelors level or higher with a concentration in psychology, social work, mental health counseling, or human service degree with an understanding of basic principles of care coordination.
- Provides care coordination services to participants in selected programs or populations.
- Develops tracking instruments for the purpose of data collection and evaluation.
- Implements suicide risk tools.
- Prepares reports as required for care coordination.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Engage clients who are admitted to the Central Receiving System to discuss the benefit of care coordination services with the intent to promote said services and obtain the client's consent for care coordination services post-discharge from acute care.
- Review Safety Plan/Wellness Toolkit upon discharge with client and their support system
- Coordinate client treatment services.
- Arrange for appointments within 7 days of the discharge from acute care with verification within 1 business day post appointment.
- Provide follow-up phone call within 24 hours and 72 hours upon discharge.
- Provide "care transfer check-ins" over a 90-day period to make additional referrals/linkages to both mental health and substance abuse services.
- Track all contact with client for the duration of the client's participation in the care coordination program.
- Assess client's risk of suicide during "care transfer check-ins" and ensure client is linked with acute stabilization if necessary.
- Makes commitment to SMA's mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled