|Title:||Customer Service Representative; Full Time|
|Location:||200 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL 32084|
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 8am - 5pm
*** This is a temporary position***
Possession of a high school diploma or GED and two years of related clerical/customer service/secretarial experience preferably in a clinic/medical office setting; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Considerable knowledge of standard office practices and procedures, equipment and clerical techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, syntax, appropriate style and arithmetic. Knowledge of appropriate communication and boundaries with children and/or adults who have serious mental, substance abuse and psychological illnesses.
- Knowledge of first and third party registration, certification, verification, and co-pay procedures. Knowledge of State and Federal guidelines related to patient account processing.
- Ability to organize and maintain complex filing and records systems and ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to operate a multiple line phone system and a variety of office equipment, including microcomputers and other electronic equipment.
- Ability to transfer or transport supplies, office equipment and other heavy objects from one location to another.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read instructional manuals to maximize software capability.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations and computations accurately.
- Ability to proofread, research files and logically organize information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, substance abusing and/or psychologically disturbed adults and/or children in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
- Schedules appointments; collects method or source of payment for services and obtains associated documentation, including insurance cards; assist clients in completion of intake paperwork. Verifies client’s medical benefits with third party payers/insurance companies.
- With Pharmacist approval, handles prescription transaction with client in accordance with approved procedures; checks billing documentation for completeness, accuracy and conformity with clerical requirements; logs referrals and gives information to callers, handles or refers complaints/problems as appropriate.
- Processes and types a variety of correspondence, requests and reports using a computer, reviews and researches subject matter and prepares replies; processes a variety of department reporting, purchasing, and legal documents; updates client or program data.
- Answers, routs, and transfers incoming calls; assists and provides general information to callers; maintains confidentiality of client information; handles threats, substance abuse, suicide and crisis calls; takes messages; reports telephone equipment repair needs.
- Performs client financial assessments and establishes client fiscal information into computer system. Performs fee collection duties on an on-going basis.
- Facilitates the preparation and completion, collection and flow of required forms/documents such as legal documents or purchase orders/requisitions. Sets up and maintains complex department filing and records system, including client medical record documentation in accordance with program policies, procedures and requirements; assists with quality assurance requirements for client files. Maintains strict confidentiality of operations and records as directed.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- May be required to travel to other clinics to provide coverage as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.