|Title:||Behavioral Health Tech; Full Time|
|Department:||Chet Bell Crisis Center|
|Location:||1150 Red John Road, Daytona Beach, FL 32124|
Salary: $11.00/hr, pay will increase to $11.85 after 6 months
Working Hours: 36 hrs/week; 12 hour shift; 7pm to 7am
*** This position is eligible for a shift differential up to 10% ***
Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent and 6 months of related human services experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Some knowledge of the human services field and the application of basic client care skills.
- Ability to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the client, other clients, and employees in the unit.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to defuse potentially dangerous situations, and remain calm in an emergency.
- Ability to understand and implement The Mandt System, to assist clients who are in crisis. This includes the physical ability to restrain a client, or assist with the restraint of a client, when necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring the behavior and activities of each client; reports any concerns regarding the health, safety, or well-being of a client to the appropriate authority.
- Serves as a positive role model; utilizes approved behavior modification techniques ; provides positive reinforcement and support to clients.
- Conducts and participates in basic life skills activities. Processes admissions and discharges for voluntary and/or involuntary clients; orients the client to the facility; explains rules, policies and procedures.
- Completes required program documentation.
- Completes reports as required; daily, weekly, monthly etc.
- Documents clients’ activities, behavior patterns, changes in behavior patterns, occurrences.
- Obtains required program information; inventories client valuables.
- Assists nurse by taking vitals and UAs when necessary.
- Conducts security/safety checks; monitors visitors/clients for contraband; conducts searches; removes dangerous items; performs and/or assists with restraints.
- Participates in meetings as required; converses with staff on client’s progress or lack of progress. r
- Performs general cleaning responsibilities when needed.
- Attends training /in-services as required.
- Utilizes the Continuum of Therapeutic Intervention and the Mandt System to assists with restraints when necessary.
- Transports clients to other agencies, hospitals, homes, community activities, AA meetings etc.
- Ensures compliance with AHCA and/or DJJ and/or DOC standards and security safeguards.
- Performs related work as required.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled