|Title:||Licensed Screener (LCSW/LMHC/LMFT); Full Time|
|Department:||Volusia County Branch Jail|
|Location:||1300 Red John Dr., Daytona Beach, FL 32120|
Working Hours: 40 hours/week; Sunday-Wednesday, 9am-7pm
*** This position is located in a correctional institution ***
Possession of a Masters Degree in psychology or a related field required and one year of clinical mental health/substance abuse experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Considerable knowledge of DSM V and the ability to formulate a psychiatric diagnosis. Considerable knowledge of clinical assessment process, treatment planning, individual, group, and family therapy. Ability to quickly and accurately assess and diagnose persons for treatment; ability to formulate realistic goals and objectives.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with client, co-workers, professionals, and the general public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Performs initial diagnosis in accordance with DSM-IV criteria; performs screening for Baker Act Criteria or other established program criteria; performs psycho-social assessments; mental status exams; documents clients mental history; develops a treatment plan; presents information to admission committee/psychiatrist; makes referrals.
- Initiates an interdisciplinary treatment plan and participates in the ongoing treatment planning process when appropriate.
- Uses verbal de-escalation skills to diffuse verbally aggressive clients
- Monitors clients' condition; advises other mental health professionals of client's condition and treatment needs; reports changes in condition to physician.
- Conducts and/or attends meetings as required; staffing meetings; clinical psychiatrist meetings; treatment team meetings; peer review; parent education meetings; case consultations etc.
- Prepares and/or presents required program reports.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with the public, other agencies, police, schools etc. regarding collateral information; program information; questions from parents, family or significant others etc.
- Participates in or performs in-service training.
- Performs related work as required.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
SMA Behavioral Health Services, Inc. is a tobacco and drug-free workplace.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled