|Title:||Life Skills Coach - CTTU|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||330 Kay Larkin Dr., Palatka, FL 32177|
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Days & Times Vary, Noon until Midnight
This position program is in operation from Noon until Midnight, 7 days per week.
Employee works under the general supervision of the Director, CTTU, or their delegate. Employee performs basic non-clinical, direct service work assisting clients as assigned. Work is performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and state and federal regulations. Work is reviewed through personal consultation, results obtained, discussions, and a review of reports and client service records.
High School diploma or equivalent; one year experience working in the behavioral health field required.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience with care of adults with severe and persistent mental illness as well as chemically dependent adults.
- Basic skill with common software applications used in business operations.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely; ability to communicate effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed adults and/or children in person and over the phone; ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, co-workers, and the general public; ability to follow written and oral instructions; ability to enter and retrieve data from a computer system.
- Basic knowledge of principles, methods, practices, and procedures for administering first aid and CPR.
- Must have basic understanding of use of psychiatric medications.
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess situations and use sound judgment in responding to emergency intervention.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, other employees, professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the client, other clients, and employees in the clinic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with geriatric, emotionally disturbed, and mentally ill or disabled clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Responds to all general inquires from individuals associated with the CTTU.
- Operates in a role as the primary transporter for clients referred to Emergency Screening, Crisis Stabilization, or Detoxification Units.
- Performs documentation of services in the electronic health record.
- Provides education and training in the skills of daily living including medication management, personal care, health and wellness, and accessing community resources.
- Meets with individuals in the office or at their homes, as indicated by supervisor.
- Provides information and referral services.
- Completes documentation according to the requirements of accrediting agencies and other certifying bodies.
- Transports clients to community agencies or SMA programs in a SMA vehicle as directed by supervisor.
- Attends trainings and meetings off-site as required by position using own vehicle.
- Performs related work as required.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled