|Title:||Pharmacy Technician; Full Time|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 8a-5p
This is responsible and varied technical work assisting Stewart-Marchman-Act Behavioral Healthcare’s Pharmacist in the performance of professional services. Work also involves performing clerical and customer service work to include greeting clients, answering the telephone, answering questions for clients, and receiving payments from clients.
Possession of a high school diploma or GED, must be registered as a pharmacy technician in the State of Florida, and have a minimum of 6 months pharmacy technician experience. All continuing education requirements must be current.
- Knowledge of standard pharmacy practices, procedures, and equipment, including computer and cash register equipment.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations and computations accurately.
- Ability to maintain moderately complex records and ensure their confidentiality.
- Ability to proofread research files and logically organize information.
- Ability to transfer or transport supplies, office equipment, and other heavy objects from one location to another.
- Ability to handle suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Enters prescription information or physician orders and new patient data into the computer system.
- Files prescriptions electronically in QS1 computer system
- Selects and prepares for dispensing the proper medication.
- With Pharmacist approval, prepares and applies label to medication package, packages prescription, prepares label and correctly handles transaction.
- Takes prescription renewal orders only over the phone (may not take orders for new prescriptions -- this must be done only by Pharmacist.)
- Greets clients and answers questions within context of established policies and procedures; receives payments from clients and "rings" sales on cash register; counts drawer and prepares cash transactions record to go to Accounting as required.
- Answers telephone, accepts renewal orders, checks computer for number of prescription refills left, and answers clerical questions for clients, case managers, therapists, etc.
- Verifies client insurance information via Emdeon or other web based software.
- Verifies client status in electronic medical record (AVATAR).
- Prepares daily medication purchase order to send to wholesaler.
- Checks in/verifies merchandise orders and prepares invoices to go to Accounting.
- Processes and files end-of-the-day computer reports as required by D.P.R. and DOH.
- May travel to satellite facilities to deliver medications.
- Counts and prepares for disposal and return to reverse distributor all discontinued and outdated medications from SMA Pharmacy.
- (NOTE: Pharmacist must supervise this procedure).
- Sorts and files correspondence and discards out of date information.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled