|Title:||FITT Peer Recovery Specialist|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||330 Kay Larkin Dr., Palatka, FL 32177|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree in Human Services preferred; must have experience with personal substance abuse disorder with at least three years of sustained recovery and be 3 years post disposition of charges. Certification as a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist by the Florida Certification Board is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience with adults and families with substance use disorders.
- Basic skill with common software applications used in business operations.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely; ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone; ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, co-workers, partner agencies, the court system, and the general public; ability to follow written and oral instructions; ability to enter and retrieve data from a computer system.
- Basic knowledge of principles, methods, practices, and procedures for administering first aid and CPR.
- Ability to accurately document all services in the client record according to established timelines.
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess situations and use sound judgment in responding to emergency intervention.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Supervisor assigns clients involved in the child welfare system to offer support through phone calls and face to face visits.
- Provides mentoring and support to clients to promote client achievement of treatment plan goals and objectives.
- Meets with individuals/families in the office or at their homes, as indicated by supervisor.
- Provides information and referral services.
- Completes documentation according to the requirements of accrediting agencies and other certifying bodies.
- Transports clients to community agencies or SMA programs in a SMA vehicle as directed by supervisor.
- Attends trainings and meetings off-site as required by position using own vehicle.
- Performs related work as required.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled