|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||311 N. Orange St., New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168|
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; 8a - 5p Monday - Friday; On Call hours
Employee will provide crisis intervention, emotional support, and advocate for the client's ongoing needs during the recovery and judicial period; assists clients with victim impact statements, crime victim compensation forms and filing for injunctions; provides accompaniment to court, law enforcement interviews, and medical appointments. The advocate performs duties of considerable difficult requiring initiative and independent judgment under the direction of the Sexual Assault Assistance Program Director.
Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in social sciences. Two years of related social service experience including outreach and referral services. Master's Degree preferred.
- Have knowledge of changes in statutes and policies effecting victim's rights.
- Have knowledge of safety planning and crisis intervention techniques.
- Have knowledge of the Sexual Assault Assistance Program policies and procedures and those of SMA.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competence in connecting clients with community resources, safety planning and familiarity of community providers in Volusia County.
- Must be familiar and demonstrate competency in advocacy, crisis intervention techniques and support of clients.
- Demonstrate familiarity with software programs used at SMA, or the ability to learn them in a reasonable period of time.
- Demonstrate safe operation of computers and associated hardware.
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA and State confidential regulation as they pertain to health information implements polies in daily work assignments with staff, community providers and their families.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotional, and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to defuse potentially dangerous situations, and remain calm in an emergency.
o Obtain and maintain Victim Services Practitioner Designation through the Attorney General's Office.
o Complete FCASV Hotline training within 30 days of employment.
o Possession of a valid Florida driver's license and acceptable driving record if required to drive Stewart-Marchman-Act Behavioral vehicle and/or use personal vehicle for SMA business. Proof of personal automobile insurance if the position requires you to drive your own vehicle for SMA business (does not include incidental use).
o Complete State of Florida mandatory level 2 background screening prior to start of employment if direct contact with children/adolescents, vulnerable adults, or the developmentally disabled may be involved.
o Complete Mandatory training, CPR, First Aid and HIV/AIDS training during the first six (6) months of employment and updated if required.
- Provide comprehensive victim services to all clients requesting advocacy.
o Provide community outreach and prevention services.
o Attend monthly/quarterly DV, SV and SART meetings.
o Respond to sexual battery exams when on call.
o Accompany clients to legal and medical appointments.
o Assist clients with completing Victim Compensation application process.
o Assist clients with filing injunctions for protection through the Clerk of the Circuit Court.
o Maintain updated information for Volusia County resources.
o Attend all Sexual Assault Assistance Program department meetings and trainings.
o Develop and maintain professional communication and attitude with community providers, program staff, clients and secondary victims.
o Assist clients with ongoing recovery support.
o Maintain records and statistics for quality assurance and other purposes.
o Perform related work as required.
o Have dependable transportation.
o Able to work evening, weekends and holidays.
o Provide clients information and referral services to community providers and resources to assist in recovery.
o Document activities including outcomes and plans using DAP format.
o Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
o Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
o Shows respect to others.
o Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
o Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled