|Location:||225 Fentress Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 15 hrs week; Mon-Fri 5pm-8pm
Worksite Location is on White Street, Daytona Beach
This is responsible and specialized vocational training work with RESPECT of Florida/NISH and/or private contracts supervising individuals with or without disabling conditions and functional limitations while they perform service contract tasks specific to a single contract site. This position works under the supervision of the Service Contract Coordinator but may receive direction or instruction from the Contract Project Manager or the Business Development Manager.
Work involves responsibility for a operating within budget and supervision of contract employees who may or may not have a disabling condition. Employee is responsible for scheduling, hiring, training and overall supervision of contract employees; inventory control; planning; assigning tasks and instructing staff. Assignments are received from the Service Contract Coordinator in the form of general instructions with the expectation to organize the details of the assignment and carry them through to completion.
High school diploma or GED and two (2) years experience in the janitorial and/or lawn maintenance fields including supervisory duties; or any equivalent combination of training and/or experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Good knowledge of the basic principles, methods, practices and procedures used in vocational labor and trades specific to janitorial and landscaping contracts.
- Ability to plan, instruct, assign and supervise other staff. Ability to inspect work and make recommendations for improvement. Ability to utilize positive reinforcement techniques to encourage employees to obtain their maximum potential.
- Ability to intervene and utilize de-escalation skill techniques to ensure the safety and well being of all employees.
- Knowledge of the chemicals and hazards associated with cleaning supplies, equipment and/or lawn equipment.
- Ability to perform required duties in inclement weather conditions.
- The following description details tasks which may be required. Each service contract site has specific needs as defined in the Scope of Services or Statement of Work. Employee will be directed by the Service Contract Coodinator as to the requirements of the service contract employee is assigned.
- The duties involve performing annual labor; both general and detailed housekeeping/janitorial tasks, and/or landscaping or lawn maintenance tasks at assigned service contract site.
- The duties involve responsibility for operating within budget and input into the annual budget planning. Working knowledge of the annual budget is required.
- Responsible for complete or participation in scheduling, training, recommending the hiring (including interviewing) and terminating of employees. Responsible for inspecting work to ensure adherence to standards.
- Responsible for training employees in the proper and safe use of contract site equipment and chemicals. Provides direct and indirect training and support for employees on an individual basis; provides positive reinforcement; serves as a role model; addresses behavioral and performance problems.
- Orders supplies, reconciles deliveries to orders and maintains equipment and equipment maintenance records.
- Maintains employee files; documents employee progress according to contract regulations.
- Completes all required reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis to meet regulations.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with the Service Contract Supervisor, employees, public and other agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate payroll data is compiled timely.
- Work is reviewed for adherence to the Scope of Services or Statement of Work and policies, procedures and regulations of Stewart-Marchman-Act Behavioral Healthcare.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Other duties as assigned or required to meet contract requirements.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled